BBC Careers India 2021 | BBC News Careers | BBC Careers In India | BBC India Jobs
BBC Careers India 2021: BBC News is an operational business division of the British Broadcasting Corporation responsible for the gathering and broadcasting of news and current affairs
To get job and career updates directly on mobile
Whatsapp this write HelloJob.
For more information see - https://ominebro.tech
Company Name: BBC News
Company Website: BBC
Wikipedia: BBC Wiki
Position: Software Engineer
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/MCA
Year of pass out: 2018/2019/2020
Job Location: Delhi
Experience Range: Freshers & Experienced
Salary: Best In Industry
- We are looking for web developers who are enthusiastic about online journalism to join a BBC World Service Visual Journalism team in Delhi. The World Service Visual Journalism hubs will be made up of an editor, and UX designer and a developer.
- You will be based in Delhi but you will also be a member of a wider international development team and will take part in that community. You will have the freedom to work on locally defined projects, but will be supported by structures and processes that ensure you will have excellent training and development opportunities and are always backed up by a team who will help you produce work to the highest standard.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Excellent front-end web development skills:
- HTML. Semantic markup patterns for flexible reuse and accessibility.
- CSS. Good understanding of modern techniques such as Responsive Web Design, flexbox etc but also supporting legacy browsers.
- BUILDING ROBUST EXPERIENCES. Using progressive enhancement and mobile first approaches to create experiences that work everywhere and for everyone.
- Experiece in supporting all browsers with core content, ensure compliance with screen readers, in accordance with WAI standards, etc
- Great understanding of UX concerns.
- Experience of working in an agile or collaborative way.
- Familiarity in using GitHub workflows
- A level of familiarity with AWS or similar Cloud Infrastructure and associated tooling.
As the developer in this team you will be responsible for:
- Building technical solutions to meet the requirements of the local design and editorial team.
- Assessing the technical feasibility of projects and giving realistic time estimations for the work required.
- Escalating any technical queries and all technical design where new or innovative approaches are being used for review to the wider technical team.
- Working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team and to proactively shepherd new features to live.
- Liaising with the wider Software development team in BBC News to ensure that all deployments to the live servers are peer reviewed and managed via GitHub with a London based Lead Developer across the process.